3D Clipboard

A place to discuss 3D Clipboard

v1.5.1 doesn't record ctrl-C and ctrl-X

George

v1.5.1 doesn't record ctrl-C and ctrl-X

Postby George » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:27 pm

Had to revert to v1.4

v1.5.1 would record ctrl -C and ctrl-X instances for a while and then it would just stop. At first I thought it had something to do with the "Maximum number of Items". When I had a list of 10 items (10 was the max I'd set), it would stop adding any new copies and the same list of 10 would be maintained no matter how many ctrl -C and ctrl-X I did. When I closed the program and then started it up again, it seemed to work fine until I reached the limit of 10.

When I upped the limit, closed the program and then restarted it, the new limit would work; that is, until the new limit was reached and then nothing in the list would change.

The last few days I've had the limit set to 36
In spite of ctrl -C and ctrl-X being done dozens of times, only 1 item showed in the list (the same on).
I don't think I've installed anything recently that could affect 3Dclip, but, not knowing the internals, I can't be sure.

So far, v1.4 is working fine.

Operating System:
Windows XP - SP3

Vince
3D Clipboard Author

Re: v1.5.1 doesn't record ctrl-C and ctrl-X

Postby Vince » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:11 am

Hi Bill, sorry for the delayed response; I've been out of town...

v1.5.1 changed the way the clipboard is accessed to try to prevent some conflicts with badly behaved apps... I'm wondering if the issue you're running into is related to that... Can you try v1.5.0 and see if you're hitting the same bug?

http://www.3dclipboard.com/release/3dclip-1.5.0.exe

If that fixes your issue, I know where to concentrate debugging effort. :)

Thanks!
-Vince

Return to “Bug Reports”